Popular Posts

Thursday 27 June 2013

caramelized nut muffins

Its 4 o'clock in the evening and I always wonder what new take will be good for a good snack in the evenings, one day it was enough of cookies, enough of cakes, biscuits finally tried myself with muffins, of course not like that, my guide was the idiot box, yup that's true.
I always hated it when my mom used to buy bakery products for near by shops as the thought always caught me that if they can then I can. With the help of some dedicated people of the culinary world and definitely with my mom's useful tip I learnt the basics of baking and had my take on one of the famous westernized bakery product and gave a simple twist of my own. 

Ingredients
1 Cup all purpose flour
½ TBSP baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 cup whole milk
¼ cup melted butter
1 medium egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Vanilla extract

Cashew nut 10 gms
Peanut 10 gms
Raisins 10gms
 ¼ cup jaggery
¼ cup butter

Procedure
1. Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
2. Melt the butter in microwave at full power for 1 minute.
3. Beat the egg lightly, add milk, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and beat lightly.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and keep stirring with a whisk to avoid lumps.
5. Don’t over beat the mixture as it will lead to dry muffins.
6. In a muffin tray arrange paper muffin liners and drop in spoon full of the batter in each cup. Leave some space in the cups for the batter to rise while baking.
7. In a pan caramelize 1/4 cups of sugar and add the nuts and raisins.

8. Let the mixture cool down.
9. Drop few caramelized nuts and raisin on each muffin cups.
10. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees and bake the muffins for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees.
11. Let the muffins cool on a wire rack
12. Melt the butter and jaggery in a pan till soft.
13. Pour the jaggery sauce over each muffin for that extra sweetness…


*jaggery (gud) can be used to caramelize instead of sugar as it is much better than sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment