Popular Posts

Sunday 30 June 2013

korma desi style

Guys its a Super Sunday and how can I miss the joys of cooking indoors and that too my favourite. I wish the week days convert to only Wednesdays Fridays and Sundays, there might be some red eyes for me from my corporate brothers, guys I swear my wishes were only for my appetite and not anywhere near related to your working hours.

To be frank when I go for outdoor eateries the last thing I would check out is for a korma dish, as I am a least korma lover but when I saw the dish being prepared over the television I gave a thought about it and finally decided to make the recipe to give it a twist of my own.
                             Though there are several ingredients that goes into the dish but since one of my friend mentioned that my ways are being easy to adapt for beginners I would say to him , my friend this is the easiest dish you have ever made and the most exotic to your taste buds. The only thing to keep in your mind is that you should have all your required condiments ready and that it you are ready to make the best dish till date.

Ingredients

for marinade
500gms mutton
curd 150gms
ghee 150gms
red chilli powder 2tbl spn (if you need it hot or add your desired amount)
ginger paste 1 1/2tbl spn
garlic paste 2tbl spn
garam masala 2tea spn
coriander powder 1tea spn
cumin powder 1tea spn
black pepper whole 3gms
green cardamom whole 3-5pcs
cloves 5-7
shahi jeera 1/2tea spn
nutmeg,mace/ javitri powdered
tumeric 1tea spn
salt to taste


the ending
crisp onions 150 gms
cream (my twist)
coriander leaves

Procedure

 As I promised you this will be the easiest dish from your fire, so here it is.

Remember to make the whole marinade in the pot you will cook it. After adding all the ingredients mix thoroughly and as always a marinade is kept for some time don't keep it that way, yes am right the whole thing will simply go on fire for about an hour. All you need to do is add 1 liter of water to the mixture and finally cover it. Go take rest or a drive, come back in an hour to find your dish almost ready. When its done add the crisp onions and add some cream to thicken the mutton juice a bit. Serve hot with naan/ roti or even rice. Garnish with coriander.

Things to remember: The longer it takes the better it tastes.
Cook in slow fire always.
The amount of ghee used must be high to avoid burnt bottom.

There is no need to worry about the tenderness of the mutton because it will be cooked it its own juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment